PSR has an extensive experience in studies related to water resources and environment. The multidisciplinary characteristic of our team contributes to a comprehensive in-depth approach. These studies have been prepared for investors, government and multilateral agencies, electricity trading companies, regulatory agencies, watershed committees and universities/research centres.
PSR activities in the environmental area:
- Integrated Environmental Assessment (IEA) in river basins
- Environmental due diligence
- Environmental risk assessment and risk of damage to corporate image
- Risks for budgets and schedule overruns related to the environmental programs
- Environmental assessment following the "Equator Principles"
- Environmental Impact Assessment - EIA preparation and technical support during the environmental licensing process
- Environmental control and monitoring programs
- Evaluation of greenhouse emissions for the power sector
- New methodology preparation in the context of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) of the Kyoto Protocol
- GIS and spatial data analysis
- Preliminary environmental characterization along transmission lines corridors (known as "R3 report" in Brazil)
- Elaboration of thematic maps (diagnosis and environmental sensitivity evaluation)